Wednesday, January 16, 2013

You fall down...get back up!

I took a couple of days off to rest my hip and shin because they've been a little sore. I actually went to the doctor this afternoon and I am being referred to a sports doctor for my hip. My regular doctor doesn't think it's bursitis but could be a hip capsule or something muscular. I will find out more in a couple of weeks.

So tonight I went for my first run since Sunday. I started off well until about 2.5 miles I hit a crack in the sidewalk. I tripped and fell down. Luckily I landed on my hands and not on my face but I really jarred the muscles in my neck and shoulder blades. That hurt for a while. After I got back up, I took a few minutes to compose myself and see if someone was taping me as I fell. Lol. Not really but my luck they would have.

So I continued my run and my plan was to do 6 miles tonight. It was such a tough run tonight. I felt as though I had absolutely no energy and actually walked more on this run that I have in a long time. I really try not to walk and when I'm tired I will slow down but try not walk. Tonight was a different story and am pretty disappointed in my run tonight. I only finished 4.5 miles which is better than nothing, but not what I wanted. Hopefully tomorrow and Saturday (long run) will be much better.

Watch those cracks everybody and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment