Sunday, January 6, 2013

Water tanks and new shoes

Saturday started out great. My plan for running was to run 6 miles in the afternoon. But first we went to Eastern Market to get some fresh vegetables, fruit and meat and go to breakfast. So we came back and I was just about ready to get dressed for my run when my wife calls me in the basement. I get down there to realize the hot water tank was leaking and it needed to be replaced. If anyone knows me, I can figure things out as I go, but not a whole lot of experience with things like this. So after emptying the 40 gallon tank and finding the tools I need I start disconnecting all the water lines and gas lines. That was not fun. Luckily my wife's dad came over to help install the new tank so everything was connected properly. The new tank alone was 130lbs and getting it to the basement was tough on the back. Then bringing up the old tank was even worse. Too much jarring the back around and I was pretty sore. It took around 8 hours to completely replace the tank and I was bummed because I missed my ling run. So I was thinking that I will do my long run on Sunday.

Sunday morning rolls around and my bak is tight and sore. So I had some new shoes that I was ready for breaking in and I thought the extra cushion would help. Well, lets just say breaking in new shoes on a long run is not ideal. My feet were charting about mile 3 and had to walk a couple times during my run to give my feet a break and to make sure my back was good. I finally got thru the run but man it was not a good weekend. I've heard it before to not wear new shoes on a long run and next time I'll remember that.

Lets just hope I'm feeling a little better for my run tomorrow morning. I hope everyone else had an easier weekend than I did. If it have a good story to share I'd love to hear it.

I read this great line from my daughter's dance teacher over the weekend.
"Hard work is not a punishment....it just makes you that much better." I like that and wanted to share it with you.

1 comment:

  1. Some days will be good - some will be bad. You will have a better one soon :)

    ReplyDelete